Our intention to focus these Enolytics 101 posts on applications of big data got a big boost this week, and it came from across the Atlantic.
Richard Siddle, the London-based co-founder and editor of The-Buyer.net, treated us to a Q&A in a trade publication called Grapevine. Grapevine is, to my American English-speaking eyes, straight-shooting and sometimes irreverent and other times ironic and at all times very British, and therefore an utterly compelling read.
So it was a pleasure to be in Richard's line of fire. Here's some of what we covered:
- Using data to understand the big picture of how consumers are engaging with wine online.
- How consumers behave around individual wines online.
- Redefining competitive sets, by looking through the eyes of consumers.
- Market-specific sentiment.
- Pricing and availability over time.
I encourage you to read the interview here -- just scroll down to "My Week With..."
I am, of course, happy to go into further detail on any of the points. Just drop me a line at email@example.com or by phone at +1.702.528.3717.
Thank you, as always, for reading --